Sunday 11 August 2013

My version of hot wings . ;).

These couple of weeks my mind was haunted by hot wings.. And fair enough i cant find any good one in Miri. . And AFC , foodnetwork and TLC are not helping too. .so i ended up searching for hot wing recipes with uncle google. .

And i have found a few. . Took the one from neelys but when i tried , its not to my liking....sooo seperti biasa , me , self proclaimed ratu masak terjun, will throw in whatever i saw in the fridge. .

Anyway, done it twice and it was a hit with my friends and family. .(then my sis said the next time i cooked it it wont be the same cos i wont remember whatever i throw inside ;) )

Chix wing mix with smoked paprika , crushed garlic, garlic salt. . Marinade it for a day or an hour depend on how hurry and how hungry you are

Then i make the hot sauce. . This is the part where i row everything in.. Original recipe from the Neelys only need butter, peach preserve, tabasco sauce and soy sauce. . Mine since i don't have any peach preserve, i change to apricot jam instead. .tabasco i used smoked, and quite a lot. . Then i throw in sriracha thai hot sauce, extra hot, hoisin sauce, another splash of soy sauce to my liking. . Oh ya , lingam chili sauce. . And my secret ingredient , which is not secret as i told everybody of it ; coconut water. . Frankly i don't have any idea whats the function, but during my first trial of this wing i have a glass of fresh young coconut water next to me so i just throw it in. . Second time i used canned coconut drink..i warmed all the concoction with slow fire until it all thicken up and become syrupy . .

Then with the chix i double fry it. . I've read that when we fry it twice, first with slow 275 degree then with 375 degree , it will be luar crunchy but dalam the flesh not kering. . .so after finish the whole lot of first batch for eight min each, i turn up the heat and fry it at high fire for two min per batch..this is when my kitchen timer become handy. .

While im frying the chix, the sauce on the next stove always thicken up and become a lump. Just put it back on the fire and mix wit coconut drink and also honey..when the chix is ready, pick it up from the fryer and transfer it to another bowl..this is when you put the sauce bit by bit with every batch of the fried chix wing and mixed it well..this is to ensure all are coated while its still piping hot as it will hole the sauce better. .

Sedapppp. . For my liking lah... ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment